Friday, August 10, 2012

The Nicholson Chronicles-Day 7

I went shopping. I went to 3 craft stores, a fabric store and the Dollar Store. It was wonderful. I go into a sort of trance when I wander around craft supplies. It's very relaxing. Book stores have the same effect. Funny thing though, clothing stores don't do it for me. Anywho, I digress. After tending to my inner child, I rushed back to Carrboro to see the performance for Miquel's band camp. He does a week long band camp for Carrboro Parks and Rec every summer and on the last day the kids do their thing. This year, they had 3 girls on guitar/vocal and a little boy drummer. They did Dreams by Fleetwood Mac, Boulevard of Broken Dreams by Green Day, and I Want to Hold Your Hand by the Beatles. The kids ranged in age from 9 to 12. They were adorable. It was fun. The rest of the evening was spent finishing up season 4 of Doctor Who and watching YouTube videos of Electric Light Orchestra, my new favorite old band. I miss the 70s...

No comments: