Thursday, August 9, 2012

The Nicholson Chronicles-Day 6. Birthday.


What a lovely day I had. The weather was perfect. I went to the new Pittsboro Public Library to get a card and take out some books. The library moved out of an old converted house into a beautiful new environmentally friendly building on the community college campus. I joined a book club at work last month and have thoroughly enjoyed it. I have rediscovered a love of reading. So, I joined another book club at the library. I can usually read an average size book every couple weeks if I'm properly motivated. As a kid I spent a LOT of time at the library in Alamogordo. I read all the time...then I got busy with life and sort of got out of the habit. We have a Kindle which is really cool and I love it, but I still like the feel of paper in my hands. There's something special about ink on paper. Words have real power. OK, so after that, I came home and piddled around and then Mike took me out for my birthday dinner. Instead of going to some fancy/schmancy place and spending a boatload of money, we went to our favorite eatery, Breadman's, in Chapel Hill. Then we went to Weaver Street Market for dessert and sat outside and read our books. It was glorious.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

Sorry I missed your birthday. :( Glad you enjoyed your day.