Wednesday, August 8, 2012

The Nicholson Chronicles-Day 5


A self portrait. Today was a lazy day. I left the house only once to go get fresh supplies. Bertie stopped by to drop off some more of her stuff in preparation for her big move back home. This house is not so much a home as a warehouse. Actually, when all is said and done, a house is really just a place to store your stuff. And we got a LOT of stuff. We are very stuffy people. I have a lot of memories and sentiment tied up in my stuff, but otherwise, it's all pretty worthless. A clean, neat home would be nice, but I don't think I could live in a sterile environment. I need all this stuff to nourish my creativity. It's like fertilizer. And these days, I'm up to my ears in fertilizer. This is my last day as a 54 year old woman. Tomorrow I shall be a 55 year old woman. Wow. Who ever thought I would live so long...

No comments: