Sunday, May 6, 2012

today I feel...

something terrible happened when I turned 50. I used to be a reaonsonably happy, healthy 40-something...then I turned into a grumpy, overweight, dyspeptic, menopausal, old bag. Just kidding. Actually, I think I'm okay for my age. I'm right in there at the 50th percentile for everything. God knows things could be worse. I'm going to a funeral tomorrow. Not looking forward to that. The drummer in Mike's band, Matt Brown, passed away very unexpectedly a couple weeks ago, apparently of a heart attack. Age 42. He is leaving behind a wife and 2 little girls, aged 8 and 4. It's so sad. Matt was a great guy. And an awesome drummer. He played in about 10 bands simultaneously, so his passing is leaving a huge hole in the Chapel Hill music community. There's going to be a concert to benefit his family in June. So all things considered--I hate to complain about my age-related aches and pains and inconveniences.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

Please tell Mike I'm sorry for the loss of his friend. :(

I know what you mean about getting older, I don't even mention the A(ge) word anymore. I figure I look younger than I am and it's nobody's business :P.