Saturday, April 21, 2012

Confessions of a failed homemaker

A friend wanted to come visit me at my home today. Normally I don't respond to those sorts of threats but this is someone I genuinely respect. I figured I better go on and move the trash piles away from the door so she could get in. I was also forced to deal with the overpowering dog odor. I personally don't mind walking around the house with a surgical mask on, but it doesn't seem polite to ask a guest to wear one. Well, long story short...if that is even possible at this point...there was a change in plans and she wasn't able to come over after all. Wow. Dodged that bullet! I know I can't put it off forever. Eventually, I am going to have to deal with this mess. Otherwise the EPA is going to come in and declare my house a health hazard. Maybe I am entitled to some of that military superfund clean up money. I am certain this place now officially qualifies as a toxic waste dump. So, last weekend me and Mikey were in Washington DC. Very exciting town. I got to see an old friend...and by "old" I mean that we have known each other for 47 years. Holy cow. No wonder I feel like Methuselah's wife. She, of course, looks EXACTLY like she did in the 3rd grade. A little taller, maybe. She and her husband are absolutely adorable. Completely mentally healthy. I find that very refreshing. OK, so the point of this post was to announce that I went out and bought PINKING SHEERS today. I feel so domestic! Just like that clever old jail bird Martha Stewart. I've got some new projects planned. I'll let you know if they work out. I don't want to spill the bean right now, just in case the whole project goes down the crapper. I'll post a picture soonly.

1 comment:

LSDVenus said...

Oh my gosh Anna you make me laugh so hard. I thought I would be cleaning up my house after I got to quit work, but nope it looks worse now than it did before!!! HAHA I am working on it, but I guess moving stuff from one pile to another isn't what they mean by cleaning up. lol