Saturday, April 21, 2012

The Calm AFTER the Storm

I'm in danger of becoming one of those crazy old ladies who constantly annoy people with pictures of their pets. I can't help it. My doggies are just so darn ADORable. So precious. So sweet. So tasty cakey on the outside with a delicious creamy filling on the inside. Oh wait a minute. That's not the dogs, that's a twinkie. Sorry. I get them confused all the time. Which reminds me...my local grocery store has started selling Tastee Cakes. I was introduced to their sugary goodness one Christmas during my childhood. My parents had some friends that lived in Pennsylvania which is where they make Tastee Cakes. Every Christmas they would send us a box of cakes and I was hooked. They were very hard to find because very few places outside of PA carried them. Unfortunately, since I am now at least the equivalent of a small killer whale, and each Tastee Cake has a full weeks worth of trans fats and hydrogenated oils, just picking up the box makes my cholesterol go up 50 points. Bummer. I was having a discussion with another of my old friends...we met the first day of junior high during gym class...comparing the pros and cons of aging. There are a few (very few) pros to getting older--like being able to eat dessert first--but they are definitely outweighed by the cons. Like this moustache. You know, Tom Selleck's facial hair is FABulous, but on me, somehow it looks less sexy.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

LOL Anna, you should have been a comedian!!!