Tuesday, October 12, 2010

the NEW me



Went to Durham after work last night to my daughter's salon. She was going to put this treatment on it called a "Brazilian Blow Out" but it turns out it has just been banned in Canada because of a dangerously high formaldehyde content. So, she opted instead for the "Keratin Express" or something like that. Anyhow, the result is supposed to be the same--straight non-frizzy hair, it just doesn't last quite as long (1 month as opposed to 3). I'm satisfied. The Only Burger truck was parked on the corner, so we wandered down there. Her boyfriend was working, so he hooked us up with some free grub. I had the veggie burger, which is excellent, by the way. I love Only Burger food...but they're kind of hard to find since they move around all the time. They are supposed to be opening a regular eatery soon. That's cool, but there's something kinda fun about standing around a parking lot eating out of a food truck. Today is my day off...I'm doing a lot of nothing. It's a nice break.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

I'm jealous of your straight hair. It looks so nice. You look young too, :). Ask your daughter about styling your hair so it is out and away from your face, hard to explain - not shorter, maybe some weight taken out around your face so the hair can be shaped out and down - does that make sense? It would look really nice with your face shape :). If that doesn't make sense email me and I'll send you a picture of what I mean. :)