Sunday, October 3, 2010

Field Trip



It's FALL. The weather is excellent. We even got some rain, which was badly needed. I was feeling brave, so I decided to pack Mom into the car and take her for a drive to see Dad at the homeplace. I got to the nursing home right after breakfast and gave her a shower. It was as much for my benefit as for hers. I can't stand that nursing home smell. We borrowed a wheelchair and then I released her on her own recognisance. She seemed to enjoy the ride. She read road signs all the way and then started counting 1 to 10 in Japanese. She sometimes gets stuck on a thought and it stays with her a while. We had some lunch with Dad. He mangled his hand in the mailbox...that's another story...you can see the bandage. And we had an uneventful drive back to the nursing home. I did have to deal with a couple of poopy diapers, but it was all well contained, so not a major problem. It was good for Mom to get out of the home. And I know it was good for Dad to visit with her on his own turf. We had a good time and will probably do it again next Saturday, weather permitting.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

I remember your mom as such a viberant and kind lady. She has hardly grayed at all!! I'm totally jealous! I'm glad you got to take your mom and out and visit with her, and I'm sure she had a good time too.