Thursday, June 4, 2009

Fortress of Solitude



* * * * * * * * * * I finally have my own personal space. My own room! I'm so excited. After little Bert declared her independence and moved into a house with a friend in Durham (to be nearer to work) I immediately imposed squatter's rights and took over her old bedroom. She had made a mess of it, in the usually teenager kind of way, so I repainted and moved my stuff in. And brother, let me tell you, I've got a lot of stuff. But that's okay. I love my stuff and it doesn't matter how much junk you've got as long as you've got a place to put it. NOW, all my stuff has a home. I so enjoy sitting in my hidey hole surrounded by my books and nick-nack and bags of yarn and half finished craft projects. I even bought a portable DVD player so I can watch episodes of Starsky & Hutch or Midsomer Murders. I'm in heaven. I painted the room pink, mainly as a deterent to male family members, but also because I wanted something extra girly. I've never had a pink room. Dad always painted everything white. I got some gauzy beige curtains with embroidered roses on them. The entire re-do cost less than $50. It was a lot of work, but completely worth the effort. On a sad note, David Carradine died. I was so into Kung Fu back in the day. He also was in one of the weirdest movies I have ever seen...Sonny Boy.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

I love the room, it is sooooo cool that you have a room of your own to have some private time to do the things you lvoe to do and contemplate on whatever it is that you feel like thinking about :). I see all your crocheted dolls, they are really cute :). When I get all my boxes unpacked and/or tossed out :P, Thor will have to share it with my sewing :P. Right now it's unpacked enough that his play pen fits in there so that my living room is once again a living room :). (He has a very large playpen :).)