Sunday, May 10, 2009

Happy Mother's Day


I thought I should mark the occasion. I tend not to get too excited about these made up holidays, but I don't want to be a stick in the mud, so...Happy Mother's Day to me and Happy Mother's Day to Mom. I also can't get excited about this "holiday" in particular since it is just a reminder of what I have lost. Alzheimer's gives us a chance to grieve for someone's death before they die. It's exhausting to be in mourning year after year. BUT, since I don't know how long my mom will actually be among us, I take whatever joys I can get, whenever I can get them. I love you, Mom.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

You are in my prayers my dear sweet friend, as is your mom. Maybe remembering that you and she will be together again, whole and at last not with the earthly trials we face here, will help you get through this difficult trial. I miss my mom everyday. Having performed her work for her and having had her sealed to her mom and dad and one of her brothers gives me some peace. Eventually I'll be able to be sealed to her and my dad.

Tho our trials are definitely NOT FUN, if we did not have opposition in all things (trials & choices) and have to struggle a little we could not grow stronger, like exercise makes a muscle stronger, trials and righteous choices make our spirit stronger. Those trials teach us how strong we are, or the things we need to work on, being obedient to the commandments, patience, love, compassion, empathy, how to serve - all the things the Lord did when He was on earth. Even His life was difficult, the Bible teaches He was a man of sorrows, that His life was filled with much difficulty, but that He lived it with love and patience for those around Him even in His trials. We see that as He forgave those who injured him as he suffered on the cross. I'm not anywhere near where He was in having to deal with the same depth of trials or even in the way I deal with the trials I've been given, but I'm grateful we are only given the things we can handle (tho sometimes I could swear I can't :P.) I will pray that Heavenly Father will give you comfort and peace about the process we have to navigate here on earth. Know that I think of you often.