Friday, June 26, 2009

Jon


I don't see Jon much these days. He lives and works in Cary. He dropped in long enough for me to snap a couple of pictures. He finally got a haircut, so now he looks like an upstanding citizen instead of a homeless bum. It's weird for me to even have to say it...being that I'm such an old hippie myself and really appreciate that anti-establishment stuff...but the fact is, he looks a million times better. It's been a CRAZY week. The celebrities have been dropping like flies and since we are in a culture that worships the rich and famous, that's all anyone talks about. It's kind of ridiculous, when you consider the other really substantive things that people NEED to be dealing with. I've been on a news blackout for months...no TV news, no radio, no newspapers...and I still can't avoid getting sucked into all this silly stuff. I can't wait for school to start so I can bury myself in textbooks and have conversations with smart people.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

You can't hide from the news, it's everywhere, rather you want to hear it or not. sigh. You don't have to worry, we won't drop like flies, we don't do drugs, or overdose on prescription meds. :P

What classes are you going to take in school?