Monday, December 31, 2007

The cross-eyed bear

2007 recap. As I look back on what was undoubtedly the single worst year of my life, I am reminded of the words of my mentor and spiritual advisor, Mick Jagger, who once said, "you can't always get what you want..." Truer words were never sung. Then again, I have to remind myself of all the truly wonderful blessings I have received during the year. In spite of my little stroll through hell, there were some absolute bright spots. So, I finish up the year wiser, fatter and deeper in debt...but thankful for my family, friends, coworkers and cats...glad that I have a great job and live in a peaceful home. To continue to quote Sir Mick, "...sometimes you get what you need." And that's that. Happy new year everyone. 

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gostei muito desse post e seu blog é muito interessante, vou passar por aqui sempre =) Depois dá uma passada lá no meu site, que é sobre o CresceNet, espero que goste. O endereço dele é http://www.provedorcrescenet.com . Um abraço.

LDSVenus said...

Sorry you've had a bad year, but glad your blessings out weighted the bad. I'm trying to skip right over the bad stuff and move on to the good stuff, seems to be working so far :). Do what you can and give the things you can't do to our Father in Heaven. Works for me :).

Anonymous said...

Hey there dear old friend! It seems every year brings a mixed bag of good and bad and hopefully, the good outweighs the bad. Always remember that as long as your not reduced to eating beanie weanies and working at The Pantry, it's been a great year! LOL! I have changed jobs and now working at a software company in Cary. Finally, no more commute to Sanford! Hooray! Thinking of you and what a strong, amazing woman you are! You are my hero!
Love ya lots!
Kathryn M.