Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Sweatin' to the oldies


Miguel's band had a gig at the Lincoln Theater last Saturday night. For some odd reason, they played AFTER the headliner. The headline act (which shall remain nameless) was an OLD, fairly well-known band that I saw back in 1979. Apparently they bussed in their fans from the nearby nursing homes and when they were done, the geriatric set packed up their walkers and oxygen tanks and went back to bed. I'm just sorry they didn't time their medications more carefully so that they were able to stay alert through the Stratocruiser set. Miguelito and the boys rocked the joint. I love seeing Mike play guitar. He does it so well and is so natural on stage. Anyhow, the headline act was competent, but cheesy. They stopped evolving musically in the mid 70s and the singer's fashion sensibilities are firmly rooted in the Miami Vice era. It's the only show I've seen recently where the roadcrew had to set up a defibrillator along with the keyboards. OK, I'm probably being unnecessarily cruel for comic effect. But, it was great being at a club and being the youngest person in the room for a change!

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

Hey now you've peaked my curiosity, who was the headliner band? email me if you dont want to say out loud on your site ;P.