Sunday, November 4, 2007

I meet a celebrity




I know it seems like I go hang out at that sleazy dive, Local 506, all the time, but really I don't. When Miguel is working, I can see the bands for free. I am all about the freebies! Last night, Juliette and the Licks were playing. Juliette is Juliette Lewis, the actress. There were two opening acts, Suffragette and Scissors for Lefty (I think I got that right). Before the show started I was hanging out on the street with Miguel, thinking about getting some Indian food from the place next door and Juliette Lewis walks up (alone, no entourage). We chatted a few minutes about Indian food and her tour. She's very nice and normal, and skinny. So, that was kind of cool. She and her band put on a great show. The place was packed so I wasn't in a good position to get pictures. SO, I took a picture of my Bert, front row center...she came home from college for the evening. She's my little superstar!! And I did get up early and go to church...so you see, I'm not a total degenerate.

No comments: