Wednesday, November 21, 2007

Some more family pix











My most excellent brother was visiting over the weekend, so we took advantage of this photo opportunity. Pictured here with my bro, Taumi, are mom and dad and my number 3 child, Bert. You can see mom still looks radiant, even though she has a mild case of pneumonia. Her dexterity is pretty good, she is eating sushi with chopsticks. She doesn't talk much these days, but otherwise, she seems okay. She still putters around the unit, always keeping busy. She never was one for sitting around doing nothing. The staff at the nursing home realizes this, so they let her "help" out. Honestly, this Alzheimer's stuff really sucks, but we're all coping the best we can. When mom first started getting sick, when her behavior was so bizarre, I kept reminding myself and everyone else that she was doing the best she could with what she had to work with. And you know, if the truth be told, that's all any of us can do.

No comments: