Thursday, August 30, 2007

Farewell, Johnny




We made an appearance at Local 506 for Johnny's going-away party. He has a fabulous job offer and is moving to NYC. He's been called up to the major leagues. For more about that you can check it out at: http://www.askromeo.com/. His old band, Stone Fox, reformed for a last farewell gig. The Stone Fox lineup is Johnny, Jared, the brother of Jared and Big Dave on drums. We didn't stay long, because I'm a working girl and have to get up early. My days as a club rat are long gone. I don't have a picture of me...I forgot to alert the press that I was going to be in public...but take it from me, I looked FANtastic. Just kidding. Truthfully, I had just spent a long day at the office toting those bales and lifting those barges and I was kind of droopy looking. However, I did manage to rally for the occasion...just trowel on the makeup, change into my not-so-dowdy old lady clothes and off I go...throwing back those club sodas with lime and hunting for ear plugs so I can tolerate being in the same room with the band. Seriously, they were really loud. We were half way home and I could STILL hear them. They were so loud they were disrupting migratory bird patterns. Yes, this is how I know I'm old. I'm overly concerned with preserving what is left of my hearing.

No comments: