Friday, October 31, 2008

Happy Halloween, Ya'll


Just got back from a church-sanctioned pot-luck and Halloween trick-or-treating party. It was great fun. I had forgotten much I enjoy this holiday. The kids were squeally and excited on their sugar highs and even I gave up my endless dieting for the evening. There's really no point even trying to diet until New Year's day. Mike is working at the club, as usual. I decided to pass on the festivities downtown this year. I wasn't in the mood for an alcohol-fueled bachanalia. Maybe it's my age, or my weird state of mind, but I prefer the quiet activities these days. Home and church is where it's at for me.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

My ward had a pot luck and trunk or treat for the kids at the Church. People decorated their trucks and prizes were awarded. It was much fun for the kids :).

I too prefer to be home now a days, where it is peaceful and quite :P. When I get back to IA I am afraid all that will change as my kids demand some of my time. sigh. I've enjoyed the peace and quiet for the last 3 years tho :P. Guess it will have to suffice.