Thursday, October 30, 2008

State Fair 2008


Our department was back to the State Fair this year for our annual "team building" exercise, which in all honesty is just an excuse to get out of the office and goof off for a day. One of my coworkers has a niece in the pre-vet program at NC State and she entered a cow in the livestock competition. I don't know if she won or not. I prefer NOT to spend too much time in the livestock exhibits...you know, I get enough of that sort of thing over at mom's nursing home. I like the crafts exhibits--crochet, knitting, quilting, and the flowers. There are a lot of talented people out there and someday I hope to be one of them! I have no interest in the games or rides and I had to avoid most of the fried food...I've got this wonky gall bladder, so the only fair food I ate this year was an egg biscuit and some apple fritters. Both were excellent.

No comments: