Saturday, November 8, 2008

Dead Sea Scrolls


Today I went to Raleigh to see the Dead Sea Scrolls exhibit at the Museum of Natural Science. I'm taking a class on the Old Testament at UNC (non-degree seeking adult) and I was lucky enough to score a ticket at the student rate. Otherwise, I probably never would have gone--it's kind of pricey. Our instructor said unless we travel to Israel on a regular basis, this is a once in a lifetime opportunity. I'm glad I went. Very interesting stuff. Unfortunately you don't get to actually handle the fragments...I was hoping they would tear a piece off for me to take home as a souvenir. Oh well. After checking out the scrolls, I had a little time to scoot through the other exhibits...dinosaurs, bugs, native plants, etc. I love museums. I also love Hershey's chocolate cherry kisses and I think I hear them calling my name. I'll be right there, my little darlings!

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

Lucky you to be able to go see them!!! Pretty awesome stuff!

I love those little chocolate cherry kisses too, I have to beat them away with a stick because I'm trying to lose weight :P.