Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Wrestling in the Carolinas

So, it turns out there's this long history of semi-pro wrestling in this state. My significant other, Miguelito, and I decided to indulge ourselves in some decidedly anti-intellectual entertainment. We enticed an unwitting accomplice, Sam, and headed to the sports arena in Burlington for some CWF Mid-Atlantic wrestling action. Miguel agreed to accompany me strictly as a sociological experiment. I went out of curiosity, and to support local athletics. Well, let me tell you...it was $10 well spent. I had a blast. I think Miguel was in a state of shock so he wasn't able to appreciate it as fully as I did. I was impressed...it was a very professional effort. The story lines were tight, the fights well choreographed, the acrobatics completely believable and the wrestlers themselves were mostly youngish, slim built, cute guys. I was expecting a bunch of old fat dudes. OK, so I like wrestling. What's next...NASCAR? Cock fighting? Tractor pulls?!


Check out the news about the fight here: http://www.indyinsiders.com/pro/cwf0/dojo.html

No comments: