Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Birdwatching


It's Mr. Jones...hanging out on the deck hoping a bird will fly into his mouth. I can't believe the year is half over! It's time to start thinking about Christmas again. Good grief. Since there's nothing on the TV (as usual), we're back to renting DVDs of old shows from the 60s and 70s. Miguel has us watching a show "The Invaders." It's this really cool sci-fi show about aliens who take over a human body and wreak all kinds of havoc. It's a lot like "Invasion of the Body Snatchers." It's very dark and edgy. Really wild, considering how old it is. And it's so superior to just about everything that's currently on the tube. Of course, I'm still engrossed in "Doctor Who." I'm so thrilled that I've made a convert of Bert. She is now watching with me. We've started renting episodes from the 70s, with Tom Baker as the Doctor. I finally got to see "I Am Legend." I liked it, but you know how I feel about zombie movies.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

I have a hard time watching thrillers and scary movies or programs. As a single person they give me nightmares :P. I do love sci-fi and my favorite shows are reruns of Stargate 1 and Startrek. I really wanted to see "I am Legend" however for the reason above I didn't ;P. I do want to go see his new movie "Hancock" tho. :)