Sunday, June 8, 2008

How does my garden grow


Miguel bought me a new camera! It's the Ashton Kutcher Nikon Coolpix. I was kind of hoping Ashton would be there to sell it to me, because I happen to know he likes OLDER women. So, I took the thing for a test drive and using the macro setting, I took a picture of my cherry tomato plant. I've got tomatoes! Aren't they just adorable. So cute! They look huge here, but in actuality they are about the size of my thumbnail. I'm hoping this heat wave we're having doesn't cook them on the vine. It's been about 100 degrees everyday for the past 4 or 5 days. I'm happy to report the hummingbirds finally showed up. I've been waiting since the first week in April. We had a cold April so I guess they stayed in Acapulco or wherever it is they winter over. I don't blame them. I haven't seen much of Miguel the past few weeks. I work days and he usually works evenings until late. Tonight I went to the club to visit him. He is still doing sound at 506 a couple nights a week. Tonight was a "battle of the bands" show...5 or 6 bands each playing 30 minutes. Let me just set the record straight...I like all kinds of music, ALL kinds, a dazzling variety of styles and types and I am TOLERANT of even more kinds of music (I may not love it, but I can listen politely and appreciate the effort of the musicians). However, I have to draw the line at metal. I really, really don't like metal. In fact, I am certain that after the judgement, those that are consigned to spend eternity in hell will have to listen to metal music. But, that's just one woman's opinion. Take it for what it's worth.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

hehe, I even enjoy a little metal now and then :P. My tomato plant isn't growing very fast, I'm about to zap it with electricty to see if that will give it a jump start :P. It is planted in a big pot on my porch, it may not be getting enough sun. sigh.