Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Blast from the Past




My "oldest" friend came to visit. I certainly appreciate her braving the traffic, the heat and the price of gas to come see me. This is the kind of person she is: she didn't mind the chaos, the filth, or the fact that she had to sleep on the floor because I don't have any extra beds. What a pal. In fact, she is the kind of person who wouldn't have complained if I had made her sleep outside on the porch. We met in the 3rd grade, Sierra Elementary School in Alamogordo NM, right after my family relocated from Lawton OK. If you want to see what she looked like back then, check out the archives for July of last year. I wanted Carol to get a "taste" of the true south, so I dragged her to my favorite diner in Sanford...The Fairview Dairy Bar. Good food--cheap and greasy--and friendly service. I got a picture of Carol chatting with one of the locals. She only stayed 2 days. Her motto is "visitors and fish start to stink after 3 days." So, she certainly didn't wear out her welcome. Happy (early) Birthday, Carol!

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

So cool that you get to stay in touch with old school friends. :) I really miss Alamogordo sometimes, life certainly seemed simplier then. :)