Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Where in the world is....

Greetings from beautiful downtown Bynum. Situated on the banks of the Haw River, it is the center of the known universe. I mean that in the literal sense. Here it is, on a sunny 70 degree day in the middle of winter. Awesome. Why should I bother with traveling anywhere else? Everything I need is right here on my doorstep. Just down the road apiece from Bynum is Allen and Sons Bar B Q. Excellent cooked pig for all of you who can still eat pork. I had to give it up...got a bum gall bladder. They also fry up some pretty decent yard bird (that's "chickens" to you yankees). But, man cannot live on fried food alone...sometimes you gotta bring a little ART into your life...so come on down and check out the pottery. The woods are full of artists' studios. Apparently this heavy clay soil is good for something. I suppose I should mention that I, or rather WE, just had an anniversary. We have both been just crazy busy lately and we BOTH forgot about it. Oh well, next year we'll celebrate twice as hard. So...in honor of that blessed day, I am sending a shout out to Lynn...the woman who introduced us oh so many years ago. Lynn is quite the accomplished musician and a great all around person. http://www.treschicas.org/.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

hehe, I had my gall bladder taken out, I can eat pork, and fried chicken :P.