Thursday, June 19, 2014

Walk of the Week at Work

Beth, Cathy, Molly, Sharon and me. Diana took the picture.
BCBSNC employees and volunteers, and community members came out to the Museum of Life and Science Wednesday for the inaugural Walk of the Week program. After a brief presentation, Brad Wilson and Wool E. Bull (Durham Bulls baseball team mascot) led the group of about 100 folks on the first walk. The program, along with a $150,000, three-year commitment to help add 1.8 miles of trails to the museum's outdoor campus, will go a long way in getting children and families outside and active.

So--me and my coworkers got to take the morning off for a "field trip/team building exercise." It was really, really hot out. I totally wimped out and went and hid in the air-conditioned butterfly house with Sharon while the rest of the team walked the trail.

It's a wonderful life science museum. It has been upgraded a lot since the last time I took my kids. That would be about 20 years ago. But, the best part of the outing was the opportunity to go eat lunch. We went to Elmo's Diner near Duke east campus. 

No comments: