Monday, June 16, 2014

Happy Father's Day 2014

Mike with Danny O'Day and Mike with baby Malcolm

Sweet Baby James--1 week old
Sunday June 15. A wonderful Father's Day. Mike and I made the trek to see Jon and Lila at their home. Little James is all of 1 week old now. He's such a good baby. They have no idea how very lucky they are! Come to think of it, Jon himself was a very good baby. So was Bert. Mal was the one who was so mad all the time. The dude came out screaming and didn't stop until he was about 6 months old. Then he was the happiest kid on earth.

Jon and Lila took 2 of Hal's kittens from the first litter. It was nice seeing them again. They are having to spend more time outside. Lila isn't sure how they feel about the baby yet. She doesn't want them to show their displeasure by peeing all over the baby stuff. Cats can get kind of persnickety at times. They don't always adjust to change right away.

Hannah is still waiting for her big day. She is 38 weeks now. So maybe within the next 2 weeks we'll have grandbaby number 2!

Now this happy little creature is my cousin's first granddaughter. So...my cousin lives in Japan and has 2 children.

His daughter had Maika on May 30. His son is expecting next October. This is so very cool because the last of my mother's generation passed away a few months ago. All her sisters and their husbands are gone now. So now there will be 4 great-grandchildren born to the next generation this year. Life does go on.

I'm sad that my parents didn't get to see their great-grandchildren. It would have been a thrill.

So, while all the young'uns are procreating, I've been creating...art that is. My neighbor up the road, besides being an amazing poet, likes to knit hand puppets. We would like to get a booth at the Pittsboro 1st Sunday street fair in October or November. That means I'll need to paint a LOT to have enough inventory to sell. I'll be doing Christmas paintings on wood blocks. Stay tuned!!



No comments: