Thursday, May 15, 2014

Mother's Day 2014

Hannah, Lila, Lila's sister in law and Jon in the back.

We were invited to a baby shower for Lila at Lila's mom's house. It turns out that Lila's brother and his wife are also expecting a baby. So, Lila is due end of May, Hannah is due end of June and Lila's sister in law, whose name I've forgotten (sorry, I'm old) is due end of August. There's babies everywhere! The shower was just lovely. Great food. Lila's mom made an amazing carrot cake, probably the best one I've ever had. And her step mom made a smoked trout and dill dip that was just killer. And what did I bring? Just my sorry self. Hey, I'm an artist, not a cook. Lila's mother also does dog rescue, so the little pit mix in the picture is her latest addition. He's a sweetie. Not too much longer until I get to welcome my first little grandson into the world. I'm still trying to get my head around it.

No comments: