Sunday, December 1, 2013

Thanksgiving 2013

No turkey for us this year and we had dinner rather than lunch due to scheduling issues. On the menu: salmon patties, sweet potatoes and broccoli slaw. Dessert: Sara Lee pound cake and fruit with cool whip. It wasn't exactly a gourmet delight, but it tasted just fine. I didn't hear anyone complaining. Bert and Cal had lunch earlier with his family at the Officer's Club at Ft. Bragg then drove up from Fayetteville to eat dinner with us. Mal took a break from studying for his finals at UNCG and drove over from Greensboro. Jon and Lila spent the day visiting with her family, so we didn't see them today. Even so, we had a full house. Between our dogs, Early and Sophie, and Bert's dog, Sammie, and the cats, Karl, Capt. America and Clawdia--it was a crowd. Everyone got along just great, although the kitten made Sammie nervous and Sophie was very jealous of Sammie. And Karl hated everyone, which is why he lives outside. I have to express my deep felt and sincere gratitude for my crazy family, my messy home, my noisy and sometimes dirty pets...for good food, a good job, good friends...my church and my rediscovered love of painting. It has been a wild year. Full of ups and downs...but mostly ups. And the absolute icing on the cake was finding out that I'm going to be a grandmother in June. Times TWO!! Both Jon and Lila and Bert and Calvin are expecting their first babies in June. Such wonderful news. Life is good.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to the Moms and Grandmoms (and Dads and Granddads and Aunts and Uncles and Cousins) to be …. what fantastic news!!
--From the oldest of your old friends :-)