Monday, December 9, 2013

Introducing Sgt. and Mrs. Boston

I braved the rain and fog and make the trek to Fayetteville for Cal's promotion ceremony. It was a low-key affair--held in a conference room at the building where he works. Uniforms have changed since my day, so I couldn't tell what anyone's rank was. I believe there was some brass, though. Cal's mom and dad were there. His dad is a full bird colonel. Little Bert was the one who actually got to rip off his old rank and stick on his sergeant stripes. She was supposed to punch him, but she didn't. It's some kind of Army ritual. Afterwards, the guys went off somewhere and me, Bert and Cal's mom went downtown to eat lunch at a really good Turkish place and then wandered around the antique shops. It was a nice Monday. Much better than spending the day at work.

No comments: