Monday, September 30, 2013

Carrboro Music Festival 2013

The weather was spectacular. Miguel played with 2 of his bands yesterday. The Banana Seats at 2pm at Cat's Cradle and Stratrocruiser at 9pm at The Station. My little baby girl and her husband came up from Fayetteville for the afternoon. They stayed for the first set. Then my dear old (and by "old" I mean I have known her a long time) friend drove from D.C. and caught the second set. Her niece is in college in Virginia, so she didn't make that long drive JUST for the band....but still, it is a very long drive and her commitment to the arts is most appreciated. Between the bands, after Bertie and spouse left--and before Carol arrived--Miguelito went home to rest up and get a quick rehearsal. I stayed in town and rushed around from venue to venue to catch a few other acts. Many of Mike's friends were playing. Unfortunately they all seemed to be playing at the same time in different places, so I only caught a few songs here and there. Most notably: Lynn Blakey (with husband), The Breaks, Great Big Gone, Pagan Hellcats and Jeff Hart. Everything was wonderful--the music, the old friends, family and the veggie sub from Amante's. We got home about 11pm and watched the final episode of "Breaking Bad." OMG. What can I say. Best show ever.
The Banana Seats-F.J., Tom, Mikey, Jackson
Me with Bertie and Calvin

No comments: