Sunday, January 1, 2012

Friday's Reunion


Back in the day, about 30 years ago, there was this rock club called Fridays, in Greensboro, right near the UNCG campus. A lot of interesting bands came through, touring up and down the east coast and doing the college circuit. Before I met Mike and made an honest man of him, he played in several bands and hung out at Fridays. He was part of the "scene" at that time...because he was a musician and also because he worked at a record store down the block. Last Friday night, Dec 30, there was a Fridays reunion. Since Fridays no longer exists, the show was held at "Somewhere Else Tavern." Mike current band, Stratocruiser, played a set, then there was a short set by the Village Pistols. This was a punk band Mike was in when he was 17 or 18. They reformed for this one gig and played all 3 of the songs they knew. It was hilarious. We had a great time...it was a lot of fun seeing people we hadn't seen in years. Since I wasn't one of the old Fridays gang, I was introduced as Mike's wife and Trish's old roommate. Wow, I wonder what happened to Trish. The picture is of Bert, me, Barbara, Jessica and Courtenay.

1 comment:

LDSVeunw said...

Great pictures. Reunions can be really fun. Sometimes I wish I could go back to certain times in my life, but that would only be if I could keep the memories of all my life and know not to make the same mistakes again :).