Monday, January 30, 2012

For Mom


My cousin, Keiko, took some of Mom's ashes back to Japan and had her interred in the family site with her mother and sister. They had a memorial service for mom's sister, Fumiko, who died 13 years ago. Apparently it is Buddhist tradition to mark the 13th anniversay. I'm glad Keiko was able to do this for mom. It is somehow comforting. It is certainly more meaningful since mom didn't have a real connection to NC. It's been 6 months now. I think of mom a lot. I certainly miss her, but I miss who she was, not who she had become the last 5 or 6 years of her life. Dad really misses her. He misses her so much that it actually hurts. But, he stays very busy which is good for him. And we all keep chugging along. You have to live until you die, might as well make good use of the time.

2 comments:

LDSVenus said...

My heart still hurts for you, the loss of a parent is very hard, even tho we know they will return to our Father in Heaven before we do. The picture is beautiful. Take care of yourself and know I am thinking of you.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful. Thank you, Keiko. Thank you, Anna.
-Weg