Sunday, December 25, 2011

Mi Familia Christmas Day 2011


Another Christmas. I went to see Dad yesterday. He's doing well. I think time weighs heavily these days...he said he wasn't afraid to die now because he knew he had someone waiting for him on the other side. He misses mom a lot. We had church this morning--a special Christmas program. It was really nice. Came home and did some cooking. I made an executive decision and went with a non-traditional meal of crab stuffed flounder. We distributed the gifts and watched the dogs go crazy. The cats are no where to be found, of course. They don't seem to care much for the dogs. Tomorrow Mike and I plan to drive up to the mountains to visit with his mother. I think she is making seafood also. After tomorrow I really have to get serious about losing some weight. I mean, I REALLY have to get in shape, otherwise I'll be penalized on my health insurance premium. Maybe this is the sort of motivation I need. Happy New Year!!

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

Isn't it sad to see our children grow up? But then again I look at the remote control and it's ALL MINE, and I say, I can always visit them :P.

I'm sorry your dad is so sad, mine is too, when they have been married so long, it's hard without their life long companion. But at least we know we will all be together again as a family :).