Saturday, June 11, 2011

Palmyra, NY


Last week I took a church history tour in and around Palmyra, NY with a couple of friends. We went to Kirkland, OH a couple of years ago and since we are such good traveling companions, we decided to do another trip together. We left on a Thursday afternoon and stopped overnight in VA. Drove up to NY along the banks of the Susquehanna arriving on Friday evening. We stayed at a lovely bed and breakfast. The weather was beyond wonderful, cool and cloudy, just like I like it. Of course, I return to NC and it's been 100 degrees everyday. I want to go back up north. It was nice to see that my family was able to survive without me. They didn't burn down the house or starve to death. I understand that my darling cats were inconsolable. It's nice to be loved. The plan now is to take a trip to Nauvoo, IL, maybe in 2013. That is provided if the world doesn't end as planned in 2012. If so, I guess the trip is off.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

So cool to go to the various church sites. You know I only live about 2 1/2 hrs from Nauvoo (hint, hint! :P). It is a wonderful place, so much to see!! And then there is the Temple which is so beautiful inside. There is an amazing sprial staircase that seems to go on forever!!