Tuesday, May 10, 2011

In Memory of Kitty Girl


Our sweet old cat passed away. She stopped eating and drinking over the weekend, so I figured she was winding down. We got her from Second Chance adoptions about 12 years ago. She was an adult cat at that time, at least a couple years old, so we're thinking she was about 15 or 16 years old. A decent age for an indoor-outdoor cat. She was super smart, a great mouser, very well behaved, and so loyal. Me, Mike and Mal were with her when she took her last breath. We called Bertie to let her know and she came right over. We put Kitty Girl in a paper bag because she loved to sleep in grocery bags and buried her under her favorite tree. Mike delivered the appropriate eulogy. The kids were more emotional than I thought they would be, then I remembered they had practically grown up with Kitty Girl. She was a special cat. We'll miss her.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

Oh Anna, I'm so sorry. It's hard to lose pets, we grow so attached to them. I don't know what I'm going to do when it's Thor's turn. :(