Tuesday, November 9, 2010



The major part of the move is done...now I need to do some organizing and decorating. After all, this is my home away from home. And seeing as how I'll be spending the next 15 years in this cube farm, I might as well get comfortable. As you can see, the light is wonderful. However, I do have a partially obstructed view...that big support pole is right over my head. In fact if I zip around the corner without paying close attention, I will give myself a severe concussion and possibly even brain damage. I think my cubicle is smaller than the one I had downstairs, but I hate to complain...seeing as how I fought so hard for my window seat. I don't want to appear too greedy. My across the wall coworker is Beth, who is only in the office 2 or 3 days a week. And my across the aisle neighbor is Ruth, who I used to work with years ago. Another slight drawback...since we're back with the rest of the company, we are subject to the prevailing dress code, which is jeans only on Fridays. We had no dress code when we in the basement, since no one ever saw us. I didn't have any pants that weren't jeans, so I went to the thrift shop (PTA Thrift in Pittsboro)on Saturday and they were having a sale--women's pants 10 cents each. Don't tell ME there is no God. He's looking out for me!!

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

I'm glad you got a window, it makes working so nice to have that sunshine coming in. I'm all about the sunshine - maybe because we lived in NM? I sure miss that weather back there!!! I sit next to a wonderfully large window at work too, love it when the sun is shining and it's not cloudy and storming (don't mind the storms, but I wish it could still be sunshiney when it did ;).)