Thursday, January 8, 2009

Happy Birthday to the King


I wouldn't feel right if I didn't acknowledge Elvis' birthday. How old would he be now...100? 150? I can't remember. Yesterday was Mom's birthday. She is 83 now. Dad will be 83 next month. Indeed, time does fly. Here it is, well into 2009, and I haven't made any resolutions yet. I had some vague notions about losing weight and exercising and some other nonsense like that...but I'm over it now. No point in setting myself up for failure. My only goal in life now is to get by with a minimum of grief and pain. I've given up on all those youthful ambitions...like becoming rich and famous. But Hey! Not to worry...I've already outived the King by a decade. By all accounts I'm a late bloomer. I have many more years to go, God willing, and I haven't peaked yet!!

No comments: