Saturday, March 29, 2008

Oh, my aching memory...


OK, it's officially spring. Even though it's freezing outside and I had to bring my "garden" inside for the night. The robins are back, the cherry trees are blooming, my joints are aching...by all accounts, it's spring. I've got several projects underway...nothing finished of course, but I promise to have pictures up shortly. I have rediscovered "Doctor Who." I used to watch this old British sci-fi show on PBS back in college. That was when the actor Tom Baker was the doctor. I was so enthralled with the show I routinely ditched my nutrition class to watch it (this was before I had the technology in place to tape shows and watch them later). I got a C in Nutrition and Doctor Who went off the air in America. Well, BBC America has revived the show and has a bunch of brand new episodes out. I adore the new Doctor. This show has been on the air in the UK since the early 60s, the doctors change their appearance every 5 years or so, you know, like the phoenix being reborn out of the ashes....and a new actor plays him. It's such a fun show, kind of goofy with these cheesy-looking aliens, but also deeply intelligent in a weird way---hey! Kind of like ME. Just kidding. Actually I'm deeply weird in an intelligent way. Or, at least that's what I'm told....and my thousands of loyal fans CAN'T be wrong. Alright, and just in case I hadn't completely convinced you of just how nerdy I really can be---I'm also watching Star Trek for the millionth time. One of those cable networks that I can't remember is running it and they must be using some sort of digitally remastered version, because it's an excellent print. Very sharp, like it was filmed yesterday rather than back in the dark ages when I first saw it. Miguel likes "Land of the Giants" and "Time Tunnel." They aren't my favorites, but I do like the fashions. Well, you know what this means...I'm OLD. I only want to watch the shows I watched when I was a kid. I am only interested in movies and music from the 70s. If I could afford the gas I'd be driving one of those V-8 land yacht muscle cars. Yeah, I remember when gas was 25 cents a gallon. Talk about the good old days!!!

No comments: