Monday, July 21, 2014

Black and Brown, On the Town

Me with Sophie and Early
Last Friday after work, Mikey and I took the dogs for a stroll through downtown Pittsboro. The downtown area is almost all of one block long, so it was a short walk. Pictured here is little Sophie, AKA Boo Dog, and the majestic Early (Mr. Moose). We are in front of an art installation. A local artist, I think, does these amazing mural type things out of pieces of glass, mirrors and broken ceramic and pottery pieces. In the sunlight it just sparkles. There is one more installation on a building down the road that used to be a chicken hatchery. I have developed a real fondness for recycled, upcycled, found object art. I'm trying to be more "green" in my own projects by using stuff I find around the house and office, rather than rushing off to the hobby shop or art supply store with every whim. That is not to say that I still don't spend way too much time and money at these places. Some women spend money on manicures, make-up and hair coloring. I buy painting supplies. I may look like hell, but I'm SO HAPPY!!

No comments: