Sunday, March 2, 2014

Self Portrait

Portrait of the Artist as a piece of Art. 
And now for something completely different. I've been experimenting a little bit with mixed media. I have 4 pieces on display at the Weaver Street Market at Southern Village during the month of March. I needed to have some sort of bio to go with them, so I made a mixed media thing of myself. The paintings are on my other website and on my Facebook page.

This particular piece is acrylic, gouache, ink and gel pen on art board with some collage stuff going on. That bit of netting came off a bag of oranges or onions or something. I'm trying to be very "green" and do some recycling. And I'm also going for the creative use of found objects. It's a lot of fun. 

Other pieces are always on view at the Chapel Hill Art Gallery. 

This is so exciting. After 50 years I'm just now getting this art thing together. So, my advice to everyone is--hang in there. You just never know where life will take you. 

No comments: