Friday, March 27, 2009

Life continues



* * * * * * * * * * * It got cold and the heat pump died. The thought of going even more deeply into debt to pay for a replacement system just rips my guts out. But...what are ya gonna do...I'm just going to have to suck it up and deal with it. On a happier note, my baby baby turned 21 on Monday. It's just unbelievable how quickly that happened. Now she's a hair stylist, getting ready to move out into her own place. Mike is in a new band. In addition to Stratocruiser, he has formed The Kinksmen--doing Kinks covers. Fun stuff. They made their debut at a cystic fibrosis charity event a couple weeks ago. And speaking of musical debuts -- I will be playing the piano this Sunday at Evergreen Methodist. Yikes. This may be my first and final performance. We'll see if I get asked back. Mom is stable. Just the usual nursing home type issues. It could be worse. I'm working a few shifts at a different nursing home...got to do something to pay for that heat pump!! And that's about it for now.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

Your "baby" is so beautiful! I didn't realize you played the piano :P.