Saturday, August 9, 2008

Happy Feet


Well, it happened again...about this time, every single year, I officially get older. So, I'm up to 51 now, but who's counting?? I had breakfast with Dad this morning, then went to the Aveda salon where my darling Bertie treated me to a pedicure. It was relaxing, even though the room was kind of cold and there was a fire drill right in the middle of the proceedings. Yeah, that's about how my life works these days. We stopped in at Carrburritos (a burrito joint in Carrboro--I mean, how clever is that for a name!) for my birthday taco. They make the BEST salsa in the world. Miquel is playing a gig today...an outdoor festival type thing way out in the middle of nowhere. I decided to pass on this one. I prefer to enjoy music in the comfort of my own air-conditioned home, close to a bathroom and the refrigerator. I'm getting kind of spoiled in my old age. Well, I guess I better close for now...that TV isn't going to watch itself.

1 comment:

LDSVenus said...

How sweet of your daughter to treat you to a pedicure :). They make real salsa in SC? woo hoo!! hehe, you should know having lived in the desert south west :).