Saturday, October 13, 2007

The New Kid



Just what I needed...ANOTHER cat. We're at critical mass here and the other night this kitten just shows up at the door looking for a handout. The word must be out in feral cat land that I'm a soft touch. So, after a quick meal, this little guy is here to stay. I'm hoping we can find a good home for him SOON, before he gets too comfortable, although it may already be too late for that. He's the sweetest natured cat in the world. His color is a cross between Karl and Wally. He looks so much like Karl that I wonder if they aren't related. Karl's mother, Higgid, may have had a litter or two before she wandered onto our porch (with 4 kittens in tow). I wanted to call him Cleocatra until I realized he was a boy. Malcolm calls him Theo. Anyhow...if you know anyone who needs a cat (yeah, like anyone NEEDS a cat) please let me know. And on a lighter note, my spinning friend Vicky turned me on to this great show on Animal Planet "Meerkat Manor." I think I'm hooked. She wants me to crochet a meerkat for her, so I'm going to give it a shot. The pattern is at http://littlegreen.typepad.com/romansock/files/meerkat.pdf. Guess I better go track down some mohair and get to work. Oh...and fall break starts today. We got a FULL house for the next week.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Oh no, I've started someone else on my journey to Meerkat soap opera land :P. Be aware tho that sometimes you will cry. :( I'm excited about the hand made Meerkat :), She'll (Flower) will have a place of honor in my home. :)